Kier Support Services Directors CR event
A group of 36 Directors from Kier Support Services were presented at lunchtime on day one with organising a charity dinner for up to 90 guests the following day. They were responsible for inviting the guests, cooking and serving the dinner and managing the whole event.
The objectives for the Services Directors CR event were:
- To develop individuals’ understanding of their leadership proposition and how this might get perceived when operating under pressure in an unfamiliar environment
- To develop a sense of entrepreneurialism in a competitive and tightly cost constrained situation
- To emphasise responsibility for careful planning, project management, deadlines and delivery in a leadership team
- To introduce the concept of the “whole customer experience / customer journeys” into the leadership team
The event was a great success in two ways:
1. Dove Nest Group facilitated the Directors gaining valuable peer and facilitator feedback on their leadership style and how they managed relationships. They explored the key aspects of how they operated during the event and how this could be transferred back to their teams at work.
They identified the need to be more innovative and the value of considering the customer at all stages in a transaction. They also realised the need to identify early on the potential biggest challenges. (They had underestimated how difficult it was going to be inviting guests at such short notice).
Each work team identified specific actions, initiated by the event.
2. £25,000 was raised for the East Anglia Children’s Hospice and the profile of Kier Group was greatly raised in Norwich.