Apprenticeships – Are you ready for it?
What is the Apprenticeship Levy?
From April 2017 the world of learning and development within the UK will dramatically change; from then all organisations, whether public or private, who have an annual payroll over £3 million will pay 0.5% of the payroll cost into the Apprenticeship Levy. All organisations, whether they currently have apprentices or not will be subject to the Levy. In addition, Public Sector organisations have another target, in that 2.32% of the workforce must be apprentices.
Most large businesses are still working out exactly what this means for them; with most corporate training budgets amounting to between 1 – 4% of payroll this levy could mean a dramatic reduction and forced change in the way training and development right through to middle managers is both considered and funded. For small and medium sized enterprises this could mean considerable support is now available for recruiting and training apprentices.
How can Dove Nest help?
At Dove Nest Group we can help you in many ways; as an accredited ILM Centre we are in the position already to offer the relevant Leadership and Management and Coaching qualifications that form a central element of business and management apprenticeships; and through partnerships with Further Education we can support you across a wide range of other skills based apprenticeships.
Our Business Psychologists can aid with the recruitment and assessment of apprentices and our learning and development experts can assist with both training needs analysis and evaluation.
Dove Nest’s Leadership and Management Apprentice Programmes
Leadership and Management Apprentice Programme Features
• Delivered through a combination of formal and informal delivery, self-study, work-based learning and coaching
• One and two day workshops, supported by face-to-face and telephone coaching
• Practical and realistic based learning activities
• Residential workshops, based at Dove Nest venues or at a location that meets the needs of the employer
Learner Management System
• On-line development portfolio and CPD Log
• Supporting resources
• Tracks leaner progress
• Discussion and advice forums
• Coach / trainer support
• Engaging Line Managers in learner development
• Grounding the programme by connecting learning to the workplace
• Identifying development opportunities
• Relevant to the business
• Benefits the learner and organisation
• Direct application of learning
• Opportunity for demonstrable ROI
Our programmes are suited to existing or newly appointed managers, supervisors and team leaders.
Benefits of leadership development through apprenticeships with Dove Nest Group
The Apprentice gets…
- New/enhanced skills, knowledge and behaviours
- Tools and techniques to support their approach to leadership
- A valuable support network
- An on-line learning portfolio
- A recognised qualification
- Training they’ll never forget
The Organisation gets…
- People with the right leadership skills for your business
- Training that aligns to your vision and values and reflects your terminology
- Effective use of levy funding
- Succession planning
- Talent that stays
HR Professionals get…
- Supported programme delivery
- Relevant and appropriate material
- Customisable content
- Tracking / reporting
- Retained talent
- ROI evidence
- Levy Funded Leadership Development
Open Programmes April 2021
Starting in April 2021, Dove Nest Group will be running Open Programmes for Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship and Level 5 Operations/Department Manager Apprenticeship. These are designed for companies who do not have enough learners to fill a cohort themselves. The programmes will start in April 2021 and for more information please click on the links below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
New – Dove Nest Level 5 Coaching Professional Apprenticeship
Dove Nest are delighted to now be able to offer a Level 5 Coaching Apprenticeship. Click here for more information Level 5 Coaching Professional Apprenticeship.