Developing Strategic Leaders that can lead and build a business for the future is critical for any organisation that doesn’t want to just survive as it is. It is easy to look at case studies that look backwards however key is the agility of a leader to shape the future.
Dove Nest Group’s “solutioneering” approach has responded to client requests to build a world class Strategic Leadership programme.
Fundamental to the programme are a number of thought leading topics :
- Creating Tipping Points
- Leading in ambiguity and change
- Giving the business and people the confidence in direction and strategy
- How the ‘Paradox of Structure’ approach enables individuals creativity preference the opportunity of operating at their best
- How to explore the strategic business landscape and tools like scenario planning to best advantage
- How a “Differentiator” model rather than a “competency” model will help predict the Strategic Leaders of the future
- Handbrakes and seeking tipping points are explored as powerful leadership tools
- How Resilient Leadership will allow the Strategic Leader to have the capacity to think and operate
- Business Agility, People Agility and Learning Agility form a starting point for Leaders to evaluate themselves and then build their role as a Strategic Leader
- Emotional intelligence and other insight techniques will help give a leader a clear picture of their preferences and how to evaluate others
The structure of a “Strategic Leadership programme” is a development centre with one-to-one feedback followed by a number of modules, supported by coaching and a final presentation to the board of the clients company.
Benefits to an organisation
- Creating the strategic landscape for the future
- Leaders able to stop and take an overview
- Take big decisions where a company may have to completely change direction often called a Tipping Point
- Able to lead the business and people through ambiguity and complexity
- To deliver agility to the business, people and culture
- Living a company’s unique values and how to define what behaviours are needed
- Direct business performance improvements
- Retention and attraction of the top leaders
- Enabling potential leaders to get exposure at the top of an organisation